Hotel Distribution 4.0, the end of the PMS, and why rethink direct bookings | Wilhelm K. Weber, SHS Swiss Hospitality Solutions
Posted on Sep 21
Wilhelm K. Weber summarizes the main messages of his keynote ‘Direct 4.0 - the end of the PMS - Why we need to rethink direct bookings.’ which he held at the HSMA e & MICE Day 2021. He also shares what is keeping him awake at night in terms of industry-related topics, why he sees massive potential for digitization and technology, especially in the luxury hotel segment, and more.
André Baljeu sat down with Wilhelm K. Weber during the HSMA e & MICE Day. The hotel industry conference addressed the latest developments and trends in e-commerce, distribution, technology, digitalization, revenue management, and MICE & sales for hoteliers. More than 300 hospitality professionals joined the HSMA Deutschland e.V. event on 6th September 2021 in Dusseldorf, Germany.
Save The Date: The HSMA eDay 2022 will take place 11th - 12th May in Munich, Germany.
Also, find these video interviews from the HSMA e & MICE Day 2021
- The end of rate parity and current priorities for the German Hotel Association l Markus Luthe, IHA
- Hotel revenue management & pricing - what to focus on today l Daniela Hupfeld, Pierre & Vacances
- The MICE market in transition, trends and how Accor does it l Alexandra Weber, Lindner Hotels AG & Katja Reisch, Accor
- Insights from the Best Western Hotels Marketing Team l Alexander Birk
- Digitizing with a brain & leveraging brain research for better leadership in times of uncertainty l Sebastian Purps-Pardigol
- The future of leisure distribution and packaged travel l Carmen Rieskamp, Upstalsboom Hotels & UPtours
- What keeps hoteliers busy at the moment? l Anna Heuer, HSMA Germany
- Automated Bookings and Yield Management in the MICE segment l Gerhard Wasem, MiceRate
- Legal update for hoteliers: From brand protection to data security l Peter Hense, Spirit Legal LLP
- How to start a career in Hotel Distribution l Sebastian Kessel, Deutsche Hospitality