Labour shortage in hospitality, technology & the importance of values l Sascha Dalig, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts
Posted on Sep 09
Sascha Dalig, Regional Director Central Europe, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts, shares his thoughts about current staff shortage challenges in the hotel industry and how it impacts Wyndham Hotels & Resorts. He speaks about how technology can support tackling this problem and what aspects he feels are essential to consider when building a sustainable talent management strategy in a franchise environment.
Lea Jordan sat down with Sascha Dalig during the 6th Swiss Innovation Day. The event for the Swiss tourism industry took place in August 2021 at the newly opened The Circle at the Zurich airport in Switzerland. More than 300 travel and hospitality professionals attended. #SID21 is developed and hosted by our partners at SHS Academy and Swiss Hospitality Solutions and co-hosted by Schmid, Pelli & Partner.
Save The Date: The Swiss Innovation Day 2022 will take place on 25th August 2022. Read more here.
Also, find these interviews from the Swiss Innovation Day 2021
- Bikini Hotels, the importance of freedom and what's new with 25hours Hotels l Christoph Hoffmann, 25hours Hotels
- Loyalty matters, soft hotel brands and hotel development trends l Markus Lehnert, VP Int. Hotel Development at Marriott
- Loyalty and Independent Hotels l Andrew Boshoff, CFO at Global Hotel Alliance
- Post-Covid Travel Euphoria & Eco-Travel l Juerg Schmid, Schmid, Pelli & Partner
- The aviation industry, future of travel, and megatrends impacting travel recovery l Stephan Widrig, CEO at Airport Zurich
- [German Interview] Technology, guest experience and labour shortage in gastronomy l Simone Müller-Staubli, Schatz AG
- Commercial hotel strategy essentials, communication & how to drive tech adoption l Fabian Bartnick, Infinito