Technology, Guest Services Experiences & the Shortage of Skilled Workers | Simone Müller-Staubli, Schatz AG
Posted on Sep 10
[Video in German] Simone Müller-Staubli, CEO at Schatz AG, summarizes the three key messages of her presentation about gastronomy trends and reveals which topics are currently keeping her awake at night.
She highlights two countertrends impacting gastronomy at the moment: The increasing technology adoption in restaurants and bars operations and the customers' demand for experiences. The hospitality industry's labor shortage feels like a massive challenge to Simone Müller-Staubli, and she predicts it will become increasingly difficult to attract, retain, and develop staff and be perceived as a good employer. The practice of recruiting employees via an employee-referral program is a best practice she recommends to colleagues, as this works well with the various companies organized in the Schatz AG.
Read more about Schatz AG here.
Lea Jordan sat down with Simone Müller-Staubli during the 6th Swiss Innovation Day. The event for the Swiss tourism industry took place in August 2021 at the newly opened The Circle at the Zurich airport in Switzerland. More than 300 travel and hospitality professionals attended. #SID21 is developed and hosted by our partners at SHS Academy and Swiss Hospitality Solutions and co-hosted by Schmid, Pelli & Partner
Save The Date: The Swiss Innovation Day 2022 will take place on 25th August 2022. Read more here.
Also, find these interviews from the Swiss Innovation Day 2021
- Loyalty matters, soft hotel brands and hotel development trends l Markus Lehnert, VP Int. Hotel Development at Marriott
- Loyalty and Independent Hotels l Andrew Boshoff, CFO at Global Hotel Alliance
- Labour shortage in hospitality, technology & the role of values l Sascha Dalig, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts
- Post-Covid Travel Euphoria & Eco-Travel l Juerg Schmid, Schmid, Pelli & Partner
- The aviation industry, future of travel, and megatrends impacting travel recovery l Stephan Widrig, CEO at Airport Zurich
- Bikini Hotels, the importance of freedom and what's new with 25hours Hotels l Christoph Hoffmann, 25hours Hotels
- Commercial hotel strategy essentials, communication & how to drive tech adoption l Fabian Bartnick, Infinito