Tim Weiland l SHS Swiss Innovation Day 2020
Posted on Sep 14
Tim Weiland, General Manager at The Alpina Gstaad shares his takes on the future of the luxury hospitality industry, the current situation and outlook of the Swiss hotel market, the combination of sustainability and luxury, about The Alpina Gstaad's time in the Corona crisis, what he would like to have done differently during that time and how the communication with guests has changed during the crisis.
Lea Jordan, Co-Founder at techtalk.travel, spoke with Tim at the Swiss Innovation Day #SID20, that took place in August 2020 at the Maag Halle in Zurich, Switzerland. The #SID20 was the first industry reunion and event for the Swiss Hospitality and Hotel Industry after the 2020's lockdown due to the Covid-19 pandemic. The industry event was organized by SHS Swiss Hospitality Solutions and SHS Swiss Academy.
Also watch these interviews from the SID20:
- Corinne Denzler, General Manager at Chenot Palace Weggis l Corona Learning, Luxury Hospitality and Team Communications during the pandemic
- Dr. Inès Blal, Managing Director & Executive Dean at Ecole Hôtelière de Lausanne l EHL's Corona Learnings and the importance of Human Capital
- Gabor Imre, CEO at FTF International AG l Biometrics and Facial Recognition Technologies
- Reto A. Wilhelm, CEO & Owner at raw consulting l Corona Learnings, Investment Space and Technology in general
- Patric Vogel, Owner & Host at Märchenhotel Braunwald l Hotel Positioning during a crisis and leadership in hospitality
- Lonneke de Kort, CEO at bookdifferent.com l Marketing for sustainable hotels, Sustainability and Hygiene
- Felix Suhner, Entrepeneur at Balance Familie Hotel Group l Employer Branding, Company Culture and Leadership