Video | Automation in Hospitality | Part 2
Posted on Jun 23
Mattia Zanella from Oaky and Allan Nelson from For-Sight join André Baljeu for this video to share insights about automation for hotels and accommodations.
This video answers the following questions:
- What technology supports automation, and how?
- What does automation mean for hotels, and what are the benefits?
- How can hotels best balance roles and tasks for automation?
- What areas within hotel operations benefit from automation?
- What are the challenges and opportunities for hotels when automating?
- What are common pitfalls and shortcomings when automating processes and procedures?
Mattia Zanella, Account Executive for South Europe, UK & Ireland at Oaky
Passionate about travel, mountains, and sport, Mattia has completed his studies in Venice before moving to Amsterdam and landing in the software industry. He loves helping hotel owners and managers to find new revenue flows for their properties by improving their Upsell efforts. While reading business books or cooking Italian, you might hear him saying the slogan: “There is always an opportunity“.
Allan Nelson, CEO & Co-Founder at For-Sight
Allan is part owner, founder and board director of For-Sight, its parent company and other subsidiaries. As CEO of For-Sight, Allan's primary role is to provide leadership and empower the For-Sight team to deliver a great product that meets the hospitality industry's needs. With a passion for technology, Allan believes that data is a critical asset for the industry to deliver real results at scale. Based in Edinburgh, Allan and the team work hard to create an environment where innovation thrives.
Oaky and For-Sight are Contributing Members of techtalk.travel.
Also, make sure to find these complementary content elements on Automation in Hospitality:
- Video Part 1 l Automation in Hospitality with Stephen Burke from Sciant and Zoe Koumbouzi from ReviewPro
- ARTICLE l The Problem with Automating in Hospitality, written by Julie Grieve from Criton
- ARTICLE l Automation and Artificial Intelligence (AI), written by Hauke Lenthe from Nomadix
- ARTICLE l Scaling Upselling through Automation, written by Mattia Zanella from Oaky
- INFOGRAPHIC l Automation Technologies for Hotels
- PODCAST l Stephen Burke from Sciant, Julie Grieve from Criton, Allan Nelson from For-Sight and Mattia Zanella from Oaky discussing automation in hospitality.
Also, find these related editorials
- Editorial Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) & Integrations
- Editorial Housekeeping Technology
- Editorial Payments in Hospitality
- Editorial Chatbots in Hospitality
- Editorial Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Solutions