Podcast | OTAs - The Uncomfortable Truth
Posted on Jul 30
The Direct Booking Wars. The media, vendors, and industry players have sensationalised the struggle for power in hotel distribution as an “us versus them” battle. You’re either for hotels (and direct bookings) or for intermediaries (and commissions). It’s an emotional issue; no one likes to have their hard-earned revenue siphoned away. Especially by a partner that isn’t doing a good job at explaining its value to your business.
These thought leaders joined André Baljeu to discuss this topic:
- Tobias Köhler, Group Director Systems & Commerce at Ruby Hotels and Head of the Advisory Board Technology at HSMA Deutschland e.V.
- Charlie Osmond, Chief Tease at Triptease
- David Turnbull, Hospitality Entrepreneur & Advisor and Founder at denizen, next generation neighborhoods
Also find these complementary content pieces about 'OTAs - The Uncomfortable Truth':
- ARTICLE l OTAs - The Uncomfortable Truth
- INFOGRAPHIC l The Uncomfortable Truth, Cost Calculator
- VIDEO l The Direct Booking Wars
Find all techtalk.travel editorials here.