Market Insights, Analysis and Expert Views
Analysis of more than 40 different hotel technology stacks throughout 15 categories. Read about what systems are most adopted and which providers lead the German market. More than 100'000 data points on 5.000 German hotels were aggregated to provide market insights regarding the overall market penetration of the hundreds of software providers on the market.
Otto Lindner, President at Hotelverband Deutschland (IHA) e.V. and Chair of the Board at Lindner Hotels AG: 'A major challenge for the hotel industry lies in the implementation of new technologies in existing infrastructure and their flexible interchangeability. More than ever before, hotels are required to adapt their business models, renew processes, make IT architectures more flexible and consistently expand digital communication channels. The need for action and support on the way to digitalisation is very different and individual for each hotel company.
We are therefore very pleased to publish the first Hotel Technology Report for Germany together with our IHA marketplace partner Hotelhero and in cooperation with HSMA Germany and techtalk.travel. The report gives executives from individual and chain hotels an insight into the German hotel technology market and for the first time determines the market shares of the individual suppliers in the respective product categories. In addition, it shows, on the basis of numerous interviews with experts, how the IT system landscapes in the German chain and independent hotel market are structured and how they differ.' (Image: Lindner Hotels)
Learn about the best practice cases of H-hotels.com, Koncept Hotels, Meininger Hotels & Hostels and Ruby Hotels about their organisation's structure and their approach to digital and technology in the overall business strategy and read from 15 hotel executives sharing their thoughts on current challenges and future outlooks of the chain hotel technology stack.
The following Hoteliers shared their views and insights:
- Martin Stegner, CIO at Novum Hospitality
- Christian Meissner, Senior Director Distribution Products & Digital Payments at Deutsche Hospitality
- Gunnar von Hagen, Corporate Director of Operations & Central Project Management at Lindner Hotels
- Marc-Michael Hanemann, Director of Commercial Development at 25hours Hotels
- René Halla, Director Global Distribution & Systems at Maritim Hotels
- Tobias Köhler, Group Director Systems & Commerce at Ruby GmbH
- Angelika Viebahn, Group Director Distribution & Revenue at Althoff Hotels
- David-Friedemann Henning, CEO at Big Mama Hotels
- Martin Stockburger, founder at Koncept Hotels
- Constantin Rehberg, digital expert/consultant (ex-CDO Prizeotel)
- Michael Stüring, Head of Central Services at Atlantic Hotels
- Sebastian Lindner, Senior Revenue & Distribution Manager at Meininger Hotels
- Klaas‑Jan Meijer, Head of eBusiness at B&B Hotels GmbH
- Gerd-Martin Linke, Director of Revenue & Sales at Centro Hotels
- Andreas Von Reitzenstein, Chief Commercial Officer at H-Hotels.com